Date of posting: April 14, 2022
Klaris has an opening for an associate to join the firm’s transactional practice. You should have at least 2 years of experience at a law firm and/or in-house and be licensed to practice law in the State of New York or California.
The associate will work on sophisticated and engaging transactions of all types and sizes, across traditional and new media, digital advertising, entertainment, art, technology, and web3 engagements in a boutique law firm environment, with day-to-day client interaction and management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Transactional experience, drafting, redlining, and negotiating agreements with a keen desire to find common ground, with experience in custom content creation, content licensing, ad tech and/or IT services a plus;
- Demonstrable interest in media, technology and entertainment businesses, and a background in copyright, trademark, advertising and promotion, and/or data protection laws;
- A passion for the law, desire for excellence, inter-personal skills, and unending curiosity;
- The ability to translate complicated legal principles into clear, concise English;
- Interest in joining a boutique law firm with a strong culture of collegiality, autonomy and focus on both quality and client services; and
- Enthusiasm for juggling many matters simultaneously.
Klaris is growing rapidly and works with companies of all sizes.
Klaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We commit ourselves to equal treatment of all employees, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.